The International Academy of Smyrna (IAS) is a tuition-free, state charter school, with 501(c)3 status. However, that funding does not cover all the cost for facilities and maintenance. The support we receive through donations helps to bridge the gap between local/state funding and the actual costs of operating the school and providing the high-quality educational services offered at IAS.
Some examples of what your support will enable us to do are; achieve a low teacher-to-student ratio, state of the art technology and many other resources that will make our students’ educational experience exceptional.
Additional Ways to Give
Please check with your employer to find out if your business or organization, as an employee benefit, will match your gift. More than 550 American corporations match their employees’ philanthropic financial contributions. Matching gifts allow you to double or triple your gift to the school on an annual basis.
Often donors determine that donating services or materials is a better fit with their philanthropic efforts. Generous donations of in-kind goods and services help IAS meet our students’ greatest needs, while freeing budgetary resources for critical programs and operations. Below are some examples of in-kind donations that would support our students:
- Promethean Boards
- Text and Library Books
If a family member or friend has been touched by the International Academy of Smyrna, we hope you’ll consider making a gift to us in honor of that person. Providing a gift establishes a living tribute that allows a donor to:
- Honor a loved one or your own legacy
- Support our ongoing mission
- Receive personal recognition for your contribution
You may feel reluctant to tie your gift to personal recognition, yet allowing IAS to list your name or that of a loved one often inspires philanthropy in others and supports an institution important to you.
How Charter Schools
Make an Impact
How to Give
Here are some of the ways in which donors financially support the school:
- Donors can mail a check donation to the school. Checks should be made payable to “International Academy of Smyrna” and mailed to the International Academy of Smyrna, Attn: Business Office,2144 South Cobb Drive, Smyrna, GA 30080.
- Donors may make an online pledge or gift via credit card by clicking the link above.
- Donors may make an in-kind donation. If you would like to make an in-kind donation, please contact our Head of School, Katrina Brinker.