The Governing Boarding of the International Academy of Smyrna is the Learning Center Foundation of Central Cobb, Inc. (LCFCC). The LCFCC operates as a nonprofit corporation under the laws of Georgia. The governing board focuses on policy issues and entrusts the day-to-day management of the school to the Executive Director who, in turn, is accountable to the Board for the performance of the school and the teachers.
The Governing Board
is responsible for:
- Maintaining the mission and vision of the International Academy of Smyrna
- Managing the business, property, and affairs of the corporation
- Employing the Executive Director to administer and operate IAS
- Completing an annual evaluation of the school principal (using Leader Keys Evaluation System)
- Measuring accountability goals and objectives
- Establishing an overall policy for IAS
- Approving the annual budget of anticipated income and expenditures, and the causing of the preparation of the annual financial audit report
- Setting overall curricular policy, including veto control over all elements of the curriculum; (Other curricular matters will be the responsibility of the Executive Director, Head of School, teachers and other staff members)
- Assessing, monitoring, and promoting student performance in accordance with the charter
- Assuring programs and services are consistent with the mission and vision of the school and the charter
- Monitor progress in achieving outcomes and goals
- Reporting to the State Charter Schools Commission of Georgia; and
- Selecting management oversight to assure checks/balances for academics, fiscal matters, and board governance
To contact the Board please email email@example.com
The fiscal year for IAS is July 1 through June 30. The budget is developed under the leadership of the Executive Director, the Head of School, the Chief Financial Officer and the Board. Work begins on the budget in the early spring and a final budget is brought to the Board for approval.
2023-2024 Governing Board Minutes
Board Meeting Schedule
Below is the schedule for The International Academy of Smyrna’s Governing Board unless otherwise posted, they meet at 6:00pm in the schools conference room. The public is invited to attend.
Executive Session Affidavits
2023-2024 Governing Board Committees